Saturday 7 July 2012

Week 21 - Fortune Cat Bookmark


 Hi everyone.  It's me, Daisy!  There was an another rattle yesterday afternoon.  It was M4.8 according to the news.  Don't worry, there wasn't any further damage in Christchurch.  Some cats are very nervous about quakes, but I am okay as long as I have cat food, fresh water, clean litter and cosy place to sleep.  Oh, of course I need my friend M to be looked after.  

Today M was making something very tiny with polymer clay.  It is smaller than my paw.  It is a fortune cat!  Maneki Neko in Japanese.

The right one is a traditional fortune cat.







The traditional fortune cat is based on white/tortoiseshell cat.
The right paw up means the cat brings wealth.  The cat raised left paw brings people.

The left one is me?






M made a tabby cat charm besides the traditional one.  Tabby one has a pink heart instead of a gold coin.  Incidentally, the book in the photo is "CAT O'NINE TALES" by Jeffrey Archer.


I checked the detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment