Saturday 8 September 2012

Week 30 - Fluffy Felt Kitten

Muscari
Hi everyone!  How are you?  This is Daisy's blog.  It is getting warmer and warmer here in New Zealand.  I found Muscari flowers in the garden.  Daffodils are in full bloom.
Watching outside in between plant pots

I like watching outside through the window as I told you before.  It is hours of fun for me.








This week's project is a voodoo cat doll...What?  No?  Uh-oh.  Sorry, I misunderstood it because M was stabbing a cat-shaped doll with a needle again and again.  I thought voodoo cat doll.


Well, this week's project is a fluffy felt kitten.  M tried needle-felting.  


According to M, needle-felting is easy.  You can scalp anything you want.  M made a white kitten.  As the budget is tight, only white and pink Merino wool and felting needles were bought for this project.  Of course you may need eye buttons, thread and ribbon of your choice.

Wool and needles
Sculpt wool
First, take a ball of wool and stab it again and again with felting needle to make it firm.  As it gradually firm up, you can begin shaping.  The more you stab, the harder it becomes.  If you don't like or made a mistake, simply take the part away and do it again.


Caution : As some cats like chewing wool, beware of him/her not to swallow it.  I'm not so interested in wool, though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment