Saturday 5 October 2013

Week 86 - Basic Cat Collar

Hi everybody.  How are you enjoying the first weekend in October?  I am enjoying the spring sunshine at the windowsill with listening birds cheeping.  Today, M came to me holding a cat collar which she had just made for me.  M put it on to me and said, "Oh, looks like a house cat."  Excuse me, I have been already a house cat...desperate house cat.  I just don't like wearing a collar.  M took some pictures of me and undo my collar.  Good grief!
Basic Cat Collar

How to make a basic cat collar.

Materials to prepare ; 4 x 38 cm fabric of your choice, 0.9 x 36 cm interfacing, 1 x safety buckle(1 cm wide), 1 x tri-glide(1 cm wide), 1 x split ring or D-ring, 1 x jingle bell
You also need ; matching thread, fabric glue, a needle, sewing machine, iron & ironing board
Picture A


1. Place an interfacing on the fabric, and iron on to attach

2. Hold along to the interfacing and press flat with iron.  Hold and press the other edge as well. (See picture A)




Picture B
 

3.  Cut the both ends like a picture B, 



4. Glue it to make a clean shape.







 
5. Hold and sew together and make a fine belt.








6. Attach tri-glide first and sew the end, then put safety buckle through the belt. And again put through the tri-glide.







7. Put a split ring and safety buckle through the other end and hold about 3 cm and sew to attach the ring and the buckle. 

8. Attach a jingle bell to the split ring. Finish.





I tried to put on.

Is this suit to me?


No comments:

Post a Comment